CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

5 mth Lock Anniversary

Hello Just thought I'd stop in and post my 5th month progress
report. My hair is maturing quickly.....Im so excited!
Now that my hair is growing, I decide I need to do a little bit
of hair styling. I was considering using the soft pike hair rollers
to get the curly look. I was then given a suggestion to use Pipe Cleaners
to get the Strawset looks. I was so anxious to try it I love strawsets ...I stopped immediately at the nearest Dollar Tree I found,... to see if they had pipe cleaner...and they did...Yippie.
I got home wet my hair with good ole water thats all and begin to roll my hair as instructed. The process took about 30 min to roll. I slept in the pipe cleaners and my hair was fully dried by the morning. I unravelled the PC and observed a very cute spiral of my hair. After I comnpletely removed the PC I fingered thru and seperated the curls.............."I loved It" in turned out great. Prior to going natural,I would frequently strawset my hair, So I pretty much followed the same technique less the styling mousse. I thought I would miss my strawsets, now that i have sisterlocks......., But Im bacccccccccccK....haha. I just love this great styling method. Pls see some recent photos attached.

12 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I love the curls! They came out so nice and neat. I love the tightness. I know once the curls drop some they will erally look pretty You make me wan to pull my pc's out and give them another try. I tried them once before and the set didn't come out so nice. I really like yours though. Thanks for sharing the pics. I wonder if they have any in black? I don't think I could deal with all the different colors, lol. Take Care

LockedJewel7 said...

LOL..Thanks....I feel ya on the different colors....I was cool because I was behind close doors.I know may 4 yr old son was like whats going on with her....thinking she needs to give me back my arts and craft supplies..LOL! If I find all black I'll surely let you know.

still waters said...

Lockedjewel7

This is a fabulous look on you! The curls came out really nice yay for sisterlocks for you can do just about anything with them (:

one love still

naturalnicky said...

Your hair looks totally awesome. How cute. It's amazing how nicely you can style your locks with just about anything. I just got mine done a little more than a week ago, so I'm not ready to start styling yet. Can't wait to see more pics.

luvlockd said...

love your hair! I actually set my hair with pipe cleaners earlier today. i found some black PCs at Michael's Arts and Crafts store over the weekend. i'll post pics once i take 'em out tomorrow (if it comes out okay, lol!)

Khandi said...

Loving the style. 30 mins that was quick. I did PC curls once took me 2 hrs to put in. But then i used about 5 locs to each PC. Your pic gave me inspiration to try again now i have more length in my hair

LockedJewel7 said...

Thanks Ladies......I was just so excited I was finally able to do something other than wearing a headband. Im
going to buy another pack of PC and make smaller sections to see how that comes out.....I'll post pics of the results

Natasha Dyer said...

Hi there, love the pipe cleaner demo. Your curls turned out very pretty. I just hit 5 mnths too (3/18/08 lock b-day) and have a 4-yr old, so I can really relate to your blog!

LockedJewel7 said...

Thanks Queen Nat,your babies are 3days older than mines:)......How are yours coming along??

ja stu sisterlock journey said...

I love your curls .I need to get me some of those, I am at 16months so I might have a little more length than you (lol)Locked up april 4, 07.
will definately post photos when I have some of those curls.

blessings.

E. RaMona (Alaiyo) said...

This is a very cute style, oh I can't wait till I begin my journey. Keep up the good work

Joyce said...

That sooooo cute!! I live in K.C. and I have yet to this day see a sista with sistalocz. I intalled my bradelocz and am always looking for new syles. Pipe cleaners, hmmm, that's a new concept for me. I might have to try that. Feel free to come visit me on my blog. naturalandlovinit.blogspot.com