CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Journey Begins


Hello All, I am officially a part of the sisterlock community Yippie! My Journey Began March 21, 2008. It didn't seem like it would ever come.Especially after taken down my last set of Kinky twist...so you can only imagine..LOL!
I was ready to embrace the nappy side, but man is my hair
thick! After years and years of wearing Braids....Zillions and then
most recent Kinky Twist(which helped me get a feel for the kinky look)....I decided since I never wear my hair.....why not transition to sisterlocks!
I had by first glance at sisterlocks 3 yrs ago......, my son's Daycare
provider had them....... and the curiosity began! After that, I knew I wanted
them but wasn't aware that I didn't have to completely grow out
my permed ends...! So three years later I was referred to her Locition
Paulette of Locks4Life.I'm so glad I decide to go to Paulette. My
locking session was so relaxing.. my session took approx 12hrs
but didn't not seem so at all. Everyone in the shop was so friendly!!!
I felt welcomed and very comfortable ....I knew I was in good hands!
Thanks for stopping by,.....I look forward to charting my progress......feedback is always welcomed.

Well here are a few pics taking at my locking session and my 2nd day
locked, I must say I thought my hair was much shorter.





















5 comments:

Vixen said...

Welcome to the sisterhood! Your babies are beautiful and looks like Paulette did a wonderful job and only 12 hours??? My hair is thick too and you can see the benefit....no scalpiness! Congratulations and keep us posted.

LockedJewel7 said...

Thanks for the welcome...you are oh so right about the scalpiness...whats that?..LOL! I was looking at my hair today and was like man where is all the scalpiness everyone is complaining about when you first start out...I may have had that for the first few hours..lol..take care

Taz said...

cute! cute! I like your babies and yes you have a THICK head of hair! now sit back and watch the changes just when you thought they couldn't get any cuter they get really cute LOL!!

Taz

LockedJewel7 said...

Thanks so much....I cant wait for the growth to begin.

dst0412

Kandgoods said...

congratz on getting the right loctician, I think that it's really important not only because you'll be with her for a while-but she is in charge of you hair for a few hours every month so it's imperative to develop a good repour with her-( so she doesn't do anything crazy like cut all your hair out lol)-just playing, good luck on your journey I'll be keeping an eye on your blog! x