CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

First Shampooing experience

Okay so its was time for my first shampoo experience!
After a long week at the gym ...free to sweat in my hair !
No worry...right.... " boy did I love that" no more going home to blow dry
my hair! Well I braided up my hair in several little sections and put my
Barrettes on to secure my ends. I grabs the Sisterlock Starter shampoo and
proceeded to massage the shampoo in my scalp. I pour it directly in my hand and massaged it in and down the braids...! next I rinsed and washed again.... After rinsing and rinsing....I was done! I let my hair air dry overnight so I would have the curly look. After taking out my braids I notice my scalp was chalky white in some spot like I had some sort of bad dandruff problem the ends of my hair had a dull..dry... fried looked. I guess after all that so called rinsing I was doing..... it was not enough for this shampoo, I have residue lurking :0 ! Now my head is itching like never before. I guess next time I will have to dilute the shampoo instead of using it directly from the bottle
(i'll will post pics of the dull effect of the shampoo.......rinse rinse and rinse again time 3)
By the way does it matter the temperture of the water when shampooing your locks?

3 comments:

Tina said...

I think you two need to stop using the sisterlock starter shampoo. While it may work for some, it does not work for everyone. It jacked my hair up. I used it once - NEVER AGAIN. I now use VO5 kiwi lime clarifying shampoo and my hair is doing great with it. You don't have to use the sisterlocks shampoo for your hair to do well in sisterlocks. You need to do what's right for your hair.

I don't know if the water temperature really matters. I use hot water and my hair has sheen to it, but that's because of the shampoo imho. The natural hair is not shiny like my relaxed hair, but it's not dull.

SisterlocksMD said...

I think you are supposed to separate your locks after washing them instead of letting it air dry while its braided to prevent it from matting. I have also seen some blogs that recommend knotty boy shampoo for dry scalp so I ordered some. You can do a search on folica.com - it's a shampoo for locs but should help with the dry scalp. I haven't tried it yet but I'll post my results when I do.

CarmenNC said...

I like Knotty Boy shampoo bar used two bars so far. I'm trying Suave clarifying shampoo. Two shampoos and it's alright. As far as water temperature, if it's too hot for your back, then it's too hot for your scalp.